Tuesday, May 3, 2011

just a quick one...

I've been doing a lot of baking lately but have yet to post the recipes. I'm really waiting for a camera so I can get some pictures posted as well but it doesn't look like I'm going to have anything but some pictures off a phone. Anywho, here is my latest chocolate addiction :)

No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies


(I really need to come up with some original names!)

1/2 stick of butter or 1/4 cup of oil (i used olive oil but i would love to try sunflower oil!)
1/2 cup of cocoa
1/4 cup of brown sugar
drizzle of agave nectar
1/2 cup of peanut butter
1/4 - 1/2 cups of milk

3 cups of oatmeal

Directions

Melt the butter with the brown sugar in a saucepan on medium heat. Add the cocoa, agave nectar, and milk. Finally add the peanut butter and stir until smooth.

Remove from heat and line a baking sheet or two with wax paper. In a mixing bowl with a spoon combine the chocolate mixture with the oatmeal. If it seems too wet, add more oatmeal. Using an ice cream scoop drop onto the wax paper and put them in the fridge to set. I store mine in large plastic bags in the fridge as well.

The awesome thing about this recipe is that you can play with the amount of each ingredient. I have made this three times now (I usually half the recipe) and each time I change it up. They always come out yummy so don't be afraid to experiment!

No comments: