See those cute little owls in the background? They are my awesome salt and pepper shakers. Best gift ever.
Now I have a really hard time handing over this recipe for all to enjoy but because it is made with Pamelas I decided it was okay. Once I find my own blend of flours that work even better that recipe will be top secret :)
Yellow Cupcakes (adapted from Pamela's recipe)
3 eggs (seperated)
2 cups Pamela's baking mix (this has baking soda and baking powder in it already) 2 tbsp Arrowroot Powder (the magic ingredient!!)
1/2 cup almond milk
4tbsp butter or coconut spread
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Take the egg whites and beat until stiff peaks form.
2. In a seperate bowl mix butter, sugar, flour, and arrowroot powder for 1 minute.
3. Add 1/4 cup milk and vanilla extract and mix for 1 minute at medium speed.
4. Add remaining milk and egg yolks and mix for 1 minute at medium speed.
5. Fold in stiff egg whites.
6. Fill muffin cups 1/2 full with batter. I suggest using parchment liners. They are awesome.
7. Bake for 12-15 minutes for cupcakes and 25 minutes for cake. Remember baking times can vary so keep an eye on them.
These taste just like they came out of a box. For me they are the closest I have found to an actual cupcake. They are spongy and just about perfect. For an easy frosting I used this recipe from Sprinkles cupcakes...
Vanilla Frosting (add about 1/2 cup of cocoa for a yummy light chocolate)
1 cup butter, softened
3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/8 tsp salt
**The amount of powdered sugar varies by your personal preference. Cream butter, sugar, and salt. Add milk and vanilla, beat for 3-5 minutes until smooth and creamy. It actually comes out pretty light and fluffy. Yum.